Automobiles Stimula - De La Chapelle was founded in 1907 in the Loire region by two brothers, Guy and Carl de La Chapelle.
At the beginning of the 20th century, over forty manufacturers had set up in the region.
At this time, the Loire was one of the most active centres of the expanding automobile industry,
thanks to a long acquired mechanical know-how renowned throughout France, mainly due to the presence
of numerous iron-masters who worked in particular for the arms industry.
Something exceptional for the time, when many constructors were using De Dion-Bouton engines,
was that Automobiles De La Chapelle designed and built their own engines, having filed numerous patents.
An indication of the avant-garde concept of the cars was the emphasis on weight-saving,
the chassis was so efficient that they achieved notable success in competition, particularly hill climbs,
winning many victories against other much more powerful cars. Over the years, with the introduction of other technical evolutions,
many new models were designed and built, leading to the opening in 1912 of a showroom at 3 boulevard de Montparnasse in Paris.
Over one thousand cars were built, a considerable figure for the time.
Unfortunately the First World War brought the two brothers' activity to an end and production was suspended.